Three decades after the outbreak, two decades since the advent of ART, over a decade since the Abuja and UNGASS declarations, and only four years to deadline of MDGs deliverable, … we call on all leaders, at all levels, and in all sectors to understand and appreciate the response to HIV, take personal responsibility, and commit to change the future for the better globally and particularly at the epicenter, Africa, and enable it to own the challenge and sustain what has already been accomplished while scaling up prevention, care and treatment in innovative ways.
- Political, institutional and organizational leadership
- National ownership, resource management and accountability
- Personal and transformational leadership – responsibility and commitment
- Cross-cultural, team and peer leadership
- Embracing change for effective response to HIV